Under the authority of art. III, secs. 1, 16, and 24 of the Alaska Constitution, I, Bill Sheffield, Governor of the State of Alaska, order the following in the interest of efficient administration and public participation in state government:
(a) All departments (including boards, commissions, and other units within the various departments) in the executive branch of state government shall transmit to the Office of the Lieutenant Governor the following information for the compilation, preparation, and publication of the bi-weekly ALASKA ADMINISTRATIVE JOURNAL, as required by Chapter 45, Session Laws of Alaska 1983:
(1) notices of proposed actions given under AS 44.62.190(a);
(2) notices of state agency meetings required under AS 44.62.310(e);
(3) notices of solicitations to bid issued under AS 37.05.230;
(4) notices of state agency requests for proposals under AS 18.55.255 and 18.55.320; AS 19.10.190; AS 19.40.020; AS 35.15.030; AS 37.05.230 and 37.05.315(d); AS 38.05.120; AS 43.40.010; and AS 46.11.030;
(5) executive orders and administrative orders issued by the governor;
(6) written delegations of authority made by the governor or by the head of a principal department under AS 44.17.010;
(7) the text or a summary of the text of a regulation or amendment to a regulation that has been adopted or for which notice is given under AS 44.62.190(a); and
(8) references to the state computer data base that contains a summary of the text of formal opinions and memoranda of advice of the attorney general.
(b) All departments, as identified in (a) of this order, shall also transmit to the Office of the Lieutenant Governor the following information for the ALASKA ADMINISTRATIVE JOURNAL:
(1) notices of state agency requests for proposals under AS 36.98.030;
(2) vacancies on boards, commissions, and other bodies whose members are appointed by the governor.
(c) Information described in (a) and (b) of this order that contains a hearing date, meeting date, or deadline must be transmitted in a timely manner so as to ensure that the notice will be available in the ALASKA ADMINISTRATIVE JOURNAL before the hearing, meeting, or deadline, to provide people a reasonable amount of preparation time.
(d) Each department, as identified in (a) of this order, is responsible for ensuring that the information transmitted is accurate and complete and conforms to the format established in the Alaska Administrative Journal Instruction Manual, as published and revised by the Lieutenant Governor’s Office. Notices regarding administrative regulations must also conform to the format established in the Drafting Manual for Administrative Regulations, published and revised by the Department of Law.
(e) This order takes effect April 17, 1984.
(f) This order terminates July 1, 1985, the termination date of Chapter 45, Session Laws of Alaska 1983, unless the legislature extends the termination date of that Act. If that Act is extended, this order is correspondingly extended.
DATED April 17, 1984
S/S Bill Sheffield
Governor of the State of Alaska