I, Walter J. Hickel, Governor of the State of Alaska, under the authority of Art. III of the Alaska Constitution and AS 44.19.145(c), establish the Governor’s Council of Economic Advisors (council).
Section 1. PURPOSE
The council shall advise the Governor on public policy issues related to the economy, including work force development and preparedness, economic development, research priorities, and implications of those policies on the economic stability of the private and public sectors.
Section 2. DUTIES
The council shall
- advise the Governor on overall state economic conditions and strategies;
- advise the Governor on the impact of economic development initiatives in the state;
- advise the Governor on state revenue issues, including the means of enhancement;
- identify priorities for and direct research, including studies on economic issues published by the Alaska Department of Labor relating to local, industry, or regional conditions in this state; and
- advise the Governor on other policy issues as requested.
Section 3. MEMBERSHIP
The members of the council will be appointed by the Governor and serve at the pleasure of the Governor. The council consists of the following:
- the director of the Office of Management and Budget or designee, who serves as chair;
- the commissioner of the Department of Commerce and Economic Development or designee;
- the commissioner of the Department of Labor or designee;
- the commissioner of the Department of Revenue or designee; and
- an economist who is an authority on economic issues in the state.
Section 4. ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
The Office of Management and Budget shall provide necessary administrative support to the council.
This Order takes effect immediately.
Dated this 7 day of July 1994.
By: S/S Walter J. Hickel
Walter J. Hickel
Governor of the State of Alaska