Under the authority of art. III, secs. 1, 23, and 24, of the Alaska Constitution, I, Jay S. Hammond, Governor of the State of Alaska, order the following:
- The responsibilities with regard to data processing, word processing and data communications as established by AS 44.21.150 thru AS 44.2l.l7O will be reorganized in the interest of efficient administration and the logical organization of function.
- The Department of Administration will continue as the department responsible for the operation and management of data processing, word processing and data communications for the State.
- There is created the Data Processing Advisory Council within the Department of Administration but with a separate and independent existence.
- There is created within the Department of Administration the Office of Information Management. This office will relate to the Data Processing Advisory Council in formulating policies, performing strategic planning, performing data processing auditing, and in general, coordinating the many aspects necessary with regard to information management and data communications.
- This order takes effect October 1, 1980.
Dated Sept. 18, 1980
S/S Jay S. Hammond
Jay S. Hammond
Governor of Alaska