Under the authority of art. III, sec. 1, Alaska Constitution, and of AS 44.19.880(c) which states that the governor may establish coordinating or advisory planning groups, I hereby establish the Public Forum Policy Committee.
- Purpose. The purpose of the committee is to insure that the opinions and recommendations of participants in the public forum conducted by the Alaska Growth Policy Council are considered in the decision-making and priority-setting process of the state government. The committee is to serve as an on-going implementation mechanism.
- Membership. The committee will consist of the director of the Division of Policy Development and Planning, the director of the Division of Budget and Management, and my executive assistant and administrative assistant.
- Duties. The committee shall:
- direct specific agencies to respond to the recommendations of the Alaska Growth Policy Council which was established by Administrative Order No. 26;
- report to the council and me as to the feasibility and implications (cost, legal, administrative, status) of the council’s recommendations within 60 days after submission of the council’s annual report to the governor; the committee’s report should include specific recommendations for implementation by the various state agencies at the program level;
- instruct the Division of Policy Development and Planning and the Division of Budget and Management to put all recommendations approved by me into agency budgetary instructions;
- direct the Division of Budget and Management to analyze and audit agency budgetary and program implementation plans;
- report to the council and me at the beginning of each fiscal year on the status of the prior year’s recommendations that were to be implemented; and
- assist the council in identifying those topics or issues which should be presented to and deliberated by the public each year.
- Cooperation of state agencies. All state agencies in the executive branch shall cooperate with the committee in the performance of its duties.
This order takes effect April 14, 1978
S/S Jay S. Hammond
Jay S. Hammond
Governor of Alaska