April 23, 2020 (Anchorage, AK) – Alaska Governor Mike Dunleavy, with the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services today issued the State of Alaska’s 17th COVID-19 Health Mandate on Protective Measures for Independent Commercial Fishing Vessels, along with further guidance on COVID-19 Health Mandate 016.
COVID-19 Health Mandate 017 establishes standardized protective measures to be followed by all independent commercial fishing vessels operating within Alaskan waters and ports to ensure a safe, productive fishing season while protecting communities from the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The following additional guidance was issued on COVID-19 Health Mandate 016, Phase I of the Reopen Alaska Responsibly Plan:
- Attachment I – Childcare and Day Camps – modifies Mandate 011
- Attachment J – Fishing Charters – modifies Mandate 011
- Attachment K – Gyms and Fitness Centers – modifies Mandate 03
- Attachment L – Lodging and Overnight Camping – modifies Mandate 011
- Attachment M – Intrastate Travel/Outdoor Day Activity – modifies Mandates 011 and 012
“We greatly appreciate Alaskans voluntary participation and partnership as we navigate through this process of responsibly reopening the State’s economy. Alaskans are independent people who come together in times of need – and this is a shining example of that,” said Governor Mike Dunleavy.
The Governor’s COVID-19 Health Mandates can be found here.
For the latest information on Alaska’s response to COVID-19, please visit https://covid19.alaska.gov/
Media Contact: Jeff Turner, firstname.lastname@example.org (907) 310-4961