Under the authority of Article II, Section 9, and Article III, Section 17, Constitution of the State of Alaska, and in the public interest, I call the Thirtieth Legislature of the State of Alaska into its first special session at the legislative chambers in Juneau, Alaska, at 11:00 a.m., on May 18, 2017, to consider passage of bills on the following subjects:
1. HB 57 – appropriations: operating budget, and loans, and funds;
2. HB 59 – appropriations: mental health budget;
3. HB 60 or SB 25 – motor fuel tax and transportation maintenance fund;
4. HB 111 – credits against the oil and gas production tax;
5. HB 159 or SB 79 – prescription of opioids, the controlled substance prescription database, and the Voluntary Nonopioid Directive Act;
6. SB 23 – capital budget and supplemental appropriations;
7. SB 26 – appropriation limit, the Alaska Permanent Fund, and the use of the earnings reserve account;
8. An act or acts to increase an existing tax or to establish a new broad-based tax for the purpose of generating new revenues for the State.
Dated this 17th day of May, 2017
Time: 9:10 p.m.