2017 Choose Respect Student Poster Contest
Alaskans Pulling Together for Each Other
In commemoration of Domestic Violence Awareness Month (October 2017) and Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Awareness Month (April 2017), we invite all Alaskan youth to engage in creating a positive message about respect and healthy relationships.
Who Can Participate
All Alaskan school children from kindergarten through high school are eligible to participate. Home schools, alternative, and traditional schools are all welcome.
Posters must be received either electronically or via mail by April 14, 2017. Questions can be directed to Karen Obermann at 907-269-7450. Posters may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Office of the Governor
Attention: Poster Contest
550 West Seventh Avenue, Suite 1700
Anchorage, AK 99501
The winners will receive a framed copy of their winning artwork and will be awarded a plaque. In addition, a copy of the winning poster will be emailed out to communities across Alaska with encouragement for all schools to print and display the poster. The winning poster will also be used in promotional materials and posted on our website and social media.
Students should depict this year’s theme, “Choose Respect: Alaskans Pulling Together For Each Other” with appropriate imagery and wording. Posters should follow these guidelines:
- No larger than 9”x12” or smaller than 8.5”x11”.
- Bold colors and simple fonts are best.
- Students may use a variety of media from finger paints to photography.
- Name of the artist, school, and grade, as well as the teacher’s contact information should be included on the back of the poster.
- If entries are submitted electronically, please keep original until winner announcements.
- Must be own original artwork, copywrited characters or brands will not be accepted.
- Posters must be received electronically or via mail by Friday, April 14, 2017.