ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 139
WALTER J. HICKEL
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
January 4, 1994
Under the authority of art. III, seas. 1 and 24 of the Alaska
Constitution and As 44.17.020, I, Walter J. Hickel, Governor
of the State of Alaska, order that the administrative structure
for the delivery of certain senior programs in the Department
of Administration be reorganized in accordance with this Order.
I order these changes in the interest of improved service, economy,
and efficiency and in accordance with sound administrative principles
1. There is a need for the State of Alaska to provide the
most efficient and effective delivery of services to senior Alaskans.
2. Currently, similar or related services for senior Alaskans
are offered from several divisions in the Department of Administration.
3. There is a need to coordinate and consolidate those services
in a new division in the Department of Administration to provide
better access to services, to promote dignity and independence
for seniors, and to provide for economic efficiencies.
In light of the foregoing, I, Walter J. Hickel, Governor of
the State of Alaska, order and declare the following:
1. The name of the Division of Pioneers' Benefits in the Department
of Administration is changed to the Division of Senior Services.
2. The Older Alaskans Commission is assigned to the Division
of Senior Services in the Department of Administration.
This order takes effect immediately.
DATED at Juneau, Alaska, this 4 day of January 1994.
Walter J. Hickel