ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 63
JAY S. HAMMOND
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
October 1, 1980
Under the authority of art. III, secs. 1, 23, and 24, of the
Alaska Constitution, I, Jay S. Hammond, Governor of the State
of Alaska, order the following:
1. The responsibilities with regard to data processing, word
processing and data communications as established by AS 44.21.150
thru AS 44.2l.l7O will be reorganized in the interest of efficient
administration and the logical organization of function.
2. The Department of Administration will continue as the department
responsible for the operation and management of data processing,
word processing and data communications for the State.
3. There is created the Data Processing Advisory Council within
the Department of Administration but with a separate and independent
4. There is created within the Department of Administration
the Office of Information Management. This office will relate
to the Data Processing Advisory Council in formulating policies,
performing strategic planning, performing data processing auditing,
and in general, coordinating the many aspects necessary with
regard to information management and data communications.
5. This order takes effect October 1, 1980.
Dated Sept. 18, 1980
S/S Jay S. Hammond
Jay S. Hammond
Governor of Alaska